Web Developer, Full Stack
After presenting a plan outline for a company-wide web application ecosystem a new team was formed for
the purpose of implementing that plan, and I was moved onto that team as a developer.
Job Roles and Accomplishments
- Oversaw implementation of Laravel PHP framework.
- Created OAuth-based custom authentication service for in-house application ecosystem.
- Created API system to serve and receive departmental data.
- Oversaw implementation of Bootstrap CSS framework.
- Developed jQuery-based component framework to consume back-end departmental data API.
- Implemented front-end customer-facing web site to interact with and audit departmental data.
- Implemented a high-efficiency configurable data transfer system using Golang and Protocol Buffers.
Oversaw provisioning of multiple cloud servers and software including:
- Installation and configuration of CentOS and system user accounts.
- Configuration of SSH connections and training of colleagues in its use.
- Installation and configuration of NGINX webserver software.
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL database software.
- Installation and configuration of Gitlab source control repository software.
- Implementation of server and application status monitoring and alerting.
- Implementation of scheduled tasks including backups and log rotations.
- Trained colleagues in the implementation of a selection of above tasks.
- Trained colleagues in the use of SSH and related technologies in order to perform remote development.
- Trained colleagues in the use of the git source control software and standardized a workflow.
- Configured PostgreSQL database system-wide defaults.
- Set up user and role accounts.
- Standardized database architecture.
- Implemented database migration from PostgreSQL version 9.3 to version 9.4 with no production system downtime.
Took advantage of several PostgreSQL-specific features including:
- JSONB Data Types
- Materialized Views
- Table Partitions
- PL/pgSQL Scripting